Carve a Pumpkin
Carving A Pumpkin
We show you how to make an unusual carved pumpkin.
1. Select a nicely shaped pumpkin and draw on your design with a permanent marker.
2. Use a knife to cut off the lid if the pumpkin. A tip here is to use a plasterboard saw.
3. Use a spoon to scoop out the pumpkin seeds (and save them for later for another project)
4. Carefully scoop out as much pumpkin flesh as you can. You can use this in one of our delicious pumpkin recipes and it will also help to make carving the pumpkin easier.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut out the detail. If you cut just the skin away, it lets the light shine through and create an orangey glow. To do this, angle the knife inwards and make shallow cuts.
6. Continue until the design is completed. You can remove the permanent marker with a drop of white spirit on some kitchen roll.
7. Finally, find a place for your pumpkin. Place 3 tea lights inside and wait for darkness. Light the candles and enjoy the effect.