Our No-stress back to school tips will make going back to school fun and exciting.
Whether it’s their very first day at school or they’re going back to school after the long summer break, a new school term can be both exciting and daunting.
We have lots of tips to make sure your child gets off to a great start and goes back to school with a smile.
Build up the excitement with lots of good planning and preparation.
- Make sure you talk about school in a positive way, invite school friends round and take time to walk or drive by the school to keep children familiar and comfortable with the idea of starting or returning to school.
- For young children, bring education into play areas and bedrooms. Pick a lovely A-Z wall frieze, add a bookcase with favorite books and a desk with lots of cute and fun stationery they will be excited about using. A size chart is another fun addition too. We have some size chart stickers to print off.
- For older children, create a homework area with plenty of stationery supplies to hand. This could be a permanent desk or workstation with shelves, pencil pots so everything is to the ready. Have a good stock of file boxes, binders, binder clips and labels to be organized from the start.
- Uniforms, kits and clothing should be labeled ready.
- As children return to school, prepare lots of storage and organization. Organize the hall or utility with coat hooks and shoe racks so everything is ready.
- Don’t forget a set of hooks for keys.
- Start with a great planner, notebook or diary to keep track of all of those important dates and plans. You can download our monthly planner here.
- Put up a wall planner, fridge planner or find space for a desk planner for everyone to share. Don’t forget a dry wipe board or chalkboard to make sure you don’t forget any important dates.
- Stock up with a range of back-to-school necessities to help manage school and after school activities. Shop for notebooks and pencils to make going back to school a lot more fun.
- Look out for backpacks, lunch bags and school stationery in a range of fun designs.
- Cute lunch bags and boxes are available or make your own. Liven up lunch boxes with printable labels to add a fun touch and avoid lunchbox mix ups. Download some printables here.
- Check out our article on healthy lunch options.
- Look for a school bag or backpack with lots of pockets to keep books and stationery organized.
- There are lots of great PE kit bags and book bags available or follow our project to make your own.
- On the day, prepare a first day keepsake to make it feel even more special. We have cards and wall art to download and customize, or maybe add a little clip on charm to their bag. Pop a little note in their lunchbox. Don’t forget to take a first day at school photo for your memories box.